If you hover over the "My Account" tab at the top left and click on "General/Setup" and then click on "Miscellaneous" on the left, you'll open up an area where there are lots of individual options for you. Over the years one thing we've realized is no two businesses are alike, so below we have screenshots and a description for each option shown in the screenshots.
- Phone Format: If you're in the U.S. or Canada the first option, which is already selected, should be the choice. Anyone outside the U.S. and Canada should choose "Number in Non-USA Format".
- Currency: For US or Canada, the US dollar obviously applies. If you're located in another country and you use a different currency, select your currency or insert the currency symbol into the field provided if your choice isn't available:
- Log-in Screen: You can choose what screen you get redirected to after logging in. The default is the home screen but if you're mainly interested in viewing one of the calendar screens first immediately upon logging in, then select a calendar screen choice:
- Time Zone: Insert your correct time zone. This is important. All history and login times and clock in/out times will display incorrectly unless your time zone is set:
- "Add" Screens Default Name Display: You can choose the last name or first name to display first on any screen where you're adding a prospect or customer. Some users are used to typing in the last name first followed by the first name. Other users are used to typing in the first name first followed by the last name.
6. "Add screens Default "Type" Display: By default "Residential" is the choice but for those of you who do mostly commercial customers then select "Commercial". Whatever your choice is will be the "type" that displays when first visiting an "Add" screen. For example, if your "type" default is set to "Residential", then when you go to an Add Customer screen to add a customer the "Residential" option will already be selected (Note: you can change it, so this is just a default).
7. Duration Block: This option controls whether the duration information you insert when scheduling is used for information purposes only or to block off the time of the appointment.
8. Tab to: Some users have expressed a desire to always tab to Salutation and/or to Address 2 when adding new prospects and customers. For example, you may always call your customers by Mr or Mrs or Miss, etc. So as you tab from field to field you'd probably want to also tab to "Salutation" so that you can select whether they're a Mr, Mrs, etc.
9. Tab to (Scheduling): During the scheduling of a job you're able to set your default preferences as you go from field to field. 109. Quick Add Start: When you open the Quick Add window at the top right, the cursor starts off in the Search field by default so that you can search for an existing prospect or customer in your account. If you prefer to start with the cursor in the name field so you can just start typing instead of searching, choose the "First name field":
10. Quick Add start: When you first open up the quick add window do you want to start with the cursor in the search field? Most users do so they can immediately search for whoever they want to schedule or create an estimate form. But if your preference is to open a quick add window and just starting name information then you can select the "Last Name field".
11. Make "required": If you charge sales tax by county then you would want to make sure County is set to "Yes". This ensures that no prospect or customer can be saved successfully unless county has been assigned. Duration is for those who want to know approximately how long each job takes, so with this set to "yes" no job can be scheduled w/o duration info inserted.
12. # of Rows in scheduling Areas: You can adjust how many rows display in the estimate/scheduling areas. The default is "4" but some users never schedule more than an item or two so "2" would be a good default for them. Other users always schedule a few items per estimate/job, so "8" might fit their needs better. (Note: Regardless of the default selected you can always add more items when scheduling at any time):
13. Frequency periods: You can select frequency periods that you want to be able to select when scheduling. Please note that I'm not referring to recurring periods. This area displays frequency periods. If you're not sure of the difference between recurring and frequency please read this article. Common default frequency periods can be quarterly, semiannually, annually, every 18 months
14. Default Frequency Period: You can select in the dropdown your default frequency period. In other words, if the majority of your customers being scheduled to get serviced every year then select "Annually" as the default (Note: You can always change it to another frequency period when the job is scheduled. This is just a default).
15. Date Preference: When scheduling an estimate or a job, there is an image to the right of each date field that you can click to open up a small calendar and select a date. You can also select a format to display the date in and type it into the date field if you're more of a keyboard person. For example, maybe it's easier for you to type in 2/16/2022 vs clicking on a calendar image and selecting a date within the calendar:
16. I'm on the way: Within our iOS and Android apps, you can click a message image next to a customer or prospect appointment which opens a window allowing you to quickly send a message letting 'em know you're on the way.
17. Job Completed: If "enabled" this means that when you're in the iOS or Android app and you mark a job as completed, a window will open up with a prefilled message in it that you can quickly send to the customer letting them know their job is completed.
And those are our miscellaneous options!