Sending Text Messages to Customers
Sending text messages to customers is easy here The Customer Factor.
1. It all starts with the search. So for example, to send a text to "all" customers, you can either click on the total number of customers that you have (this # shows in parenthesis next to the "Customers" tab).:
2. Or you can search on the customer search screen (click the "search" dropdown under the "Customers" tab) for all customers by leaving the last name/company name field blank and clicking the search button.:
3. So if you're sending texts to all customers and you've clicked the total number of customers this will display your customers on a customer search results screen. An important note to make is that only 300 customers display on the search results screen by default, so if you have more than 300 customers you'll need to click on the total number of customers at the top left of the screen. If you run your mouse over this link it'll say "View All". For example, if you have 1200 customers, the number "1200" will be linked at the top of the customer search results screen. Click that number, give it a minute for the screen to load, and you'll end up with all 1200 customers on one screen.:
4. Then at this point all you have to do is click the "Check All" box at top right to select all customers and click the "send text messages" button at the top of the screen.:
5. This will open up an "add phone number(s)" window where you'll be asked to add phone numbers for any customers who don't have a phone number. More than likely you'll just want to click the "Skip" button at the bottom of this window.:
One thing to note is that you have to make sure that your pop-up blocker is disabled for The Customer Factor in order for you to be able to send text messages. It will give you a notification which you can see at the upper right of your web address.:
All you need to do is click the first radio button that allows and redirects from The Customer Factor website.:
And click done:
For those who were able to set up their browser initially and already had disabled the pop-up blocker for The Customer, they will automatically be routed to the "Send SMS" screen after clicking the "skip" button.
And in here, you're able to create your own text message or you can use some of the templates by clicking any of the text message titles. I have selected the "limited time special" template but you can also edit it as needed.
You can also create your own text message by clicking the "create a new text message" link. Type in your title and make sure your mouse is pointed inside the messaging area in order to be able to click the "personalize" dropdown to select the tokens you can use for your text message:
Once done, you can click the "save and send" button if you want to save a copy of the message and send it or you can select "send only" or "save only". And that's it.